Monday, January 20, 2014

// // Leave a Comment

A Checklist for Quality Plaster Work, Part - 1

Before starting plaster work in any of my projects, I do few things -

I visit the overall project once.

I give a short training to my team about plastering. They already know about plastering. I give that for review purpose.

I call all plaster workers (Mason) and give them a short course about plaster work.

And if everything is fine, I finally give permission for plastering.

When I train up my project team I hold a list in my hand. The list contains all the terms that should be checked before and during plaster work. I'll share the elaborate version of that list in this article.

plaster checklist, plaster work checklist,
This list is going to be three parts. In this post, I'll share one of them.


A Checklist for Quality Plaster Work


Curing period: We are always in a hurry to complete projects. So, we have a tendency to start plastering on unmatured surface.
Check the member's curing period is over.

Masonry Joints perfection: If you plan to plaster on masonry surface, check all the masonry block joints are properly filled with mortar.

In this stage, you may want to read - "Checklist for Quality Brick Work".

Masonry joint with RCC surface: Check the cavities between masonry and RCC surface are properly filled with mortar. Specially check the cavity between RCC beam and masonry wall joint.

Services work: Check all services works such as electric piping, plumbing and sanitary piping, air condition piping (if any), etc are completed before starting plaster.

Wire mesh: Check wire mash is provided in masonry and RCC joint and where electrical pipes run and where necessary.

Chipping of RCC surface: Check the RCC surface is chipped. 

Tools and materials: Check all required tools and materials for plastering are available at site.

Surface Cleaness: The surface where plaster will be applied should be free from dust, fungus and any loose mortar.

Surface wetness: Check the surface, on which plaster will be applied, is properly watered previous day of plastering so that it doesn't suck water from mortar. But no surface water should be visible on surface.

This is the 1st part of the checklist. Here are 2nd part and 3rd part of this checklist. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment